Saturday, November 28, 2009

Some Additions to the Old Fashioned Entheo-Horticulturalist

Something had me thinking the other day about why I write this blog and what I love to do... I also reflected on how it is now beginning to become winter and what I could write of the few plants I have around, cacti and succulents, certainly not meant to be the topic of this blog, nevertheless included.

I thought it would be highly worthwhile for myself and reader to also include the lifestyle of the Old Fashioned Entheo-Horticulturalist; other activities and facets of their life. Therefore I have decided to branch this blog out toward an array of related avenues. In the following weeks I will begin to include writing on wild crafting, gardening and farming techniques, the history of agriculture (in various ways and periods), self-sustainability, and eventually other things as closely related as wilderness survival, building simple wooden items, nature reflection in regards to philosophers like Emerson and Thureau, politics effecting the natural world and tying them in our lives as growers, gardeners, and outdoors folk.

The blog will continue to be a bastion for personal experience with plants, cultivation, and their wonderful gifts. Although I have included material not directly related to North America and Great Lakes culture, I will eventually move that direction as I gain more experience and research. Until then I will continue to be a bit more open and broad regarding my posts, but have that theme in the back of my mind.

Soon I will introduce my webshop as well. This online trading post will be an excellent source for aspiring gardeners or seasoned growers to acquire organic well documented seeds of a variety of types, but almost all focusing on North America and the Great Lakes environemnent. This will include medicinal plants, entheogens, beauty plants, and all of the odd balls in between. Prices will be incredibly fair and selection will grow as seeds are gathered, documented, and made ready. In addition the store will also offer special varieties of seeds that can be included for free in orders with the hope of helping to promote research of a particular lesser documented specimen. Finally, I recognize that there is a demand for some dried herbs, live plants, and such and I will begin working on making these available as well. All seeds will come from one of my three organic gardens or have been wildcrafted with consideration for the environment. A small portion will be of gifts from trusted and responsible members of the horticulture community and will be noted as such. The blog will maintain its roots and only link to and notify of new arrivels in the webshop, otherwise posts will continue in the fashion they have began.

I hope this serves as an excellent transition into what this blog is becoming. I look forward to more feedback and hopefully some new readers and new friends. If you have any questions please leave a comment and how I can reach you. I am working on establishing an email address for this blog soon that can be used to contact for private questions, concerns, or potentail trades which I always invite.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new reader, I just found your blog, & I'm definitely looking forward to your branching out in new directions. It all sounds cool as hell to me :)
    -Ania Rose

    ReplyDelete